March 22, 2023
SEC Hosts Generative AI Forum on April 14
By: SEC Staff
SECU (Twitter: @TheSECU)
UPDATE: Registration is now closed as the event has reached its capacity. Please email email@example.com for more information.
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – The Southeastern Conference will host a virtual panel featuring faculty experts to discuss various generative artificial intelligence topics.
The Zoom event is set for Friday, April 14 from 9-11:30 a.m. CT with registration required.
An initiative through the SEC Artificial Intelligence Consortium, the panel consists of seven SEC faculty members who cover different AI disciplines:
- Dr. Asim Ali, Executive Director Biggio Center for the Enhancement of Teaching & Learning, Auburn University
- Dr. Gerald Baumgartner, Associate Professor in the Division of Computer Science and Engineering, Louisiana State University
- Dr. Charreau Bell, Senior Data Scientist, Data Science Institute and Director of Undergraduate Data Science Minor, Vanderbilt University
- Dr. Jiaqi Gong, Associate Professor of Computer Science, University of Alabama
- Dr. Mimmo Parisi, Professor of Sociology; Executive Director, Data Science Programs; and Senior Advisor for European Development, Mississippi State University
- Dr. Chi-Ren Shyu, Paul K. and Dianne Shumaker Professor in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Director of the MU Institute for Data Science and Informatics, University of Missouri
- Marc Watkins, Lecturer of Writing and Rhetoric, University of Mississippi
The forum will be moderated by Dr. David Reed, Associate Provost for Strategic Initiatives and inaugural Director for the AI2 Center at the University of Florida.
About the SEC Artificial Intelligence Consortium
The SEC Artificial Intelligence Consortium is designed to grow opportunities in the fast-changing fields of AI and data science. Through this collaboration, SEC universities will share educational resources to enhance workforce development in all fields.